- Help govern Glaucoma Australia
- Aligned, strategically-focused Board with brilliant skills mix, culture and modus operandi
- Commitment = quarterly Board and committee meeting
WANT A BOARD ROLE THAT’S GOING PLACES?
Welcome aboard; this is your dream directorship speaking. A seat is available for a professional, affirmative, self-assured collaborator at the Board table of this small, highly regarded NFP.
Captained by an impressive Chair and dynamic, blue sky-thinking CEO, this voluntary Board position could help your career reach new heights.
Do you have the first class qualities needed to embark on this meaningful journey with GA?
AND YOU ARE…?
Packing HR expertise (with a focus on Employment relations, Industrial Relations and/or law),you have the following firmly stowed in your locker:
- Financial acumen – understanding of financial statements, ability to contribute actively and see and interpret trends
- An understanding of Board Governance
- An understanding of good risk management
It’s ideal if you have these in your carry-on:
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Not For Profit experience
- Previous Board Director experience
Reporting to the Board Chair, you’ll:
- Provide positive, strategic support to the Board Governance and sustainability of an organisation purposefully working towards eliminating glaucoma blindness
- Contribute to Glaucoma Australia’s growth to benefit both a larger patient cohort and the general public
WHAT MAKES THIS ORGANISATION ONE YOU’D WANT TO WORK FOR?
Established in 1986, Glaucoma Australia is a not-for-profit charity whose mission is to eliminate glaucoma blindness through education, advocacy and research.
With the inspiring CEO at the controls, you’ll travel alongside a savvy, engaged and super-organised Board that operates with good governance at the forefront. And as meetings are held virtually, you won’t need to leave the comfort of your home (or have your seat in an upright position!)
While this voluntary Board position may be unpaid, it offers fantastic rewards… the rare chance to a make a positive difference to the lives of others as you give your CV an enviable upgrade.
Do something that takes you out of the ordinary.
Call PJ on (02) 9144 4544 to chat about this unique role. Or to apply, send your resume to email@example.com
We’re good people who find good people.
(The official job offer will be made after the successful candidate has received the tick on relevant police and recruitment checks.)